[Pittsfield, Massachusetts: Pittsfield Young Ladies’ Institute, circa 1841-44].
Broadside. Measuring approximately 4” x 8”. An untitled song in six stanzas, preceded by an introductory paragraph. Scattered foxing and light horizontal creasing, very good. As noted in the introduction, the song was composed “By a member of the Young Ladies’ Institute, and to be sung by the Young Ladies of the School. It is requested that the whole company join in the chorus.” The song was sung to the tune of “Auld Lang Syne”. A scarce broadside, likely distributed among the students attending a jubilee or other special event at the school. The Young Ladies’ Institute was a female seminary “of the highest rank,” founded in 1841 by Rev. W.H. Tyler at Pittsfield in Berkshire County. *OCLC* locates only one other known copy at The American Antiquarian Society, which was removed from a copy of Institute’s third annual catalogue of 1844.