Tampa, Florida: 1948 - 1955.
Unbound. A collection of ephemera for the Tampa Touchdown Club in the late 1940s and early 1950s. Some offsetting, tiny chips, and tears thus very good.
An assortment of mimeographed sheets, broadsides, newspaper clippings, and letters pertaining to the Tampa Touchdown Club in the late 1940s and early 1950s. The club, according to the club’s charter seen here, was a non-profit “exclusively for pleasure” club “composed of those interested in sports and especially football with the prime purpose an annual trip or trips to witness college or professional football games.” The charter also explains that only “white male citizens shall be qualified as members of this corporation.” This archive contains not only the initial charter from 1948 but also by-laws, memos, minutes from meetings, roasters, broadsides advertising trips, and newspaper clippings detailing the club’s activities.
An extensive archive documenting nearly a decade of the post-war sports club.